Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Divine Design BVC July

It's July 8th...time to post our monthly Divine Design projects : ) ! This month I chose Psalms 130:5 ~ "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word, I put my trust". There is an awesome song my Jeremy Camp, titled, I wait for the Lord, that is basically this scripture put to music. Click HERE to hop on over to youtube to see that video and hear the song!! I used a sketch that I found over at the Our Creative Corner for my card...love that blog!!



I love visiting the other Scripture Chick's blogs and checking out their projects...these girls are SO inspiring: Lori Craig ~ Make A Difference, Angel Wilde ~ Angelosity, Jami Sibley ~ More isMore (Jami will be posting her project a little later this week), Taylor Van Bruggen ~ Taylored Expressions


For my monthly Divine Design project, I make a card, & my daughter Megan, picks a scripture and I make a bookmark for her. This month, we both chose the same scripture. If you'd like to play along with the Challenge, you can join us anytime (and I hope you do!). Just click here to see what we're doing and how you can get started !! If you upload to SCS, be sure to use the words BVC08. Here's the bookmark I made for Meg.... lots of shimmer and sparkle...Meg love glitter as much as I do, maybe even more :- ) ~


I don't know about you, but waiting is not my favorite thing to do. In fact, it's among my least favorite things to do. That's a big reason why I chose this scripture. If my internet pauses and I have to wait for more than a few seconds, I'm telling the screen to "come on!" while looking for something to do to make the wait more tolerable. I love efficiency and waiting just doesn't seem to fit anywhere into an efficient process. My attitude about waiting carries over to my relationship with the Lord. When I pray, I sort of expect an immediate answer. I want a full blown instant miracle : ) ! You know what I'm talking about. We've read about how Jesus touched people and they were immediately healed...I want that! Here's the problem, according to the bible, God has promised to answer my prayers, but nowhere do I find a scripture telling me the answers will always be immediate. I do find scriptures that indicate that sometimes I will have to wait, be still, seek, trust, hope and believe. I've really had to learn (and I'm still learning) this lesson over the past couple years with Megan's illness. It's not easy to wait. Especially when the stakes are high. But God is loving and faithful, and His answers are worth waiting for. Think about being hungry...I mean REALLY hungry. You walk right past the fast food places and arrive at the best restaurant in town. There's going to be a wait, but you know the Chef is the absolute best...your expectations are high, so you choose to wait. Finally you're seated, and your meal is served, course by course....and it's exquisite. It's perfect. Every bite is amazing. You could have skipped the wait and buzzed through McDonald's for a big mac 'n fries, but it wouldn't have been the same. Good things are worth waiting for. God's answers are worthing waiting for. That's my 2 cents for the day : ) !



Here's a close-up of the bookmark, so you can some of the sparkle and shimmer that Meg requested : ) ! BTW, if you're a fan of Scripture & Stamps...then you'll want to check back soon! I should be receiving some brand new stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs any day now : ) & when I do, I'll have some examples to show you! Kelley just keeps crankin' out one awesome set after another!! If you haven't been to her site yet {{gasp!}}, it's worth the visit. She's got Scripture stamps and a whole lot more!


Supplies for the card: Stamps: none, just a computer generated scripture Paper: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Shimmery White & Basic Grey Pheobe DP Ink: Computer brown Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Photo corner punch, decorative scallop scissors, mini crystals, polka dot ribbon & green rick-rack, Kaiser rhinestone flower, Sakura clear glaze & glitter pens, dimensionals


Supplies for the bookmark ~ Stamps: none, computer generated scripture Paper: Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Shimmer White, Basic Grey Phoebe DP Ink: Computer brown Accessories: Petite Round/Scallop Nesties with Cuttlebug, Small Oval punch, 1" Circle punch, Round tab punch, Boho flower punch, green rick-rack, pink polka dot ribbon (amuse), brown stitched ribbon (amuse), Celery brads, Pewter eyelet, making memories flower brads, mini crystals, Paper piercing tool/mat pack, Sakura clear glaze & glitter pens, Dazzling diamonds glitter


Hugs & Blessings! THANKS for stopping by : )





18 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that analogy of waiting for the fine dining experience vs. fast food - thank you for sharing that thought!!

Lori Craig said...

How gorgeous is this? the layout the papers! the glitz! Love your verse and your reflection...You are such a sweet inspiration! Thank you, Nancy! :)

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous - so HAPPY! And I really appreciate what you shared about waiting - not my strong point either.

-Jami

Taylor said...

What gorgeous projects, Nancy! I love that this is something you and your daughter do together! TFS!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful work I love that you did our sketch from the OCC.

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!! Your creations are wonderful as usual. I love your blog site. I sneak in for a peek everyday and you never disappoint. The scripture verses you use are always a blessing to my day. Thanks so much for sharing with us, blessings to you and your family. You are right, waiting on the Lord is always worth it!!

Unknown said...

hi, you have won a brilliant blog award. pop over to my blog. right click on award and save to your blog with the instructions. well done,

Carol said...

Nancy - thanks for sharing your thoughts on waiting, such a timely topic for me too. Waiting is something I don't do so well at either, but I agree with you that God's answers are definitely worth it!

Such beautiful projects too! I love how you added DSP to part of the circle on the bookmark.

Haylie said...

So pretty!!!
Your post really spoke to me today. I'm in a time of waiting and I don't like it one bit but I know God has a plan for me! Thanks for sharing your encouraging words!

Tonya said...

Nancy, perfect scripture....thanks for the reminder!!

Love the sketches and the papers are magnificent!!!

Angel said...

Oh, Nancy! I needed this reminder like you wouldn't believe! We are "waiting" right now and it's stressing me out! Your scripture choice may have to be printed out and put on my frig! I don't really know you very well, but I think we would be very good friends if we lived near eachother. :-)
HUGS! Angel

Amy Sheffer said...

Amazing projects. Great use of a bold pattern!! Love the layout on the bookmark with the circle element and row of brads. Last, but not least, GREAT post! I enjoyed your fine dining analogy!

Dawn Easton said...

Nancy, gorgeous girl!! Love your layouts and patterns and so glad you were able to combine things and play along with us at the OCC!

Pauline said...

Lovely inspirational bookmark. If you ask the Lord for patience, He might place you in situations where you HAVE to learn to be patient. did you know that you can choose the way you feel? :o)

Patti Gingrich said...

Thank you for this beautiful inspiration Nancy. I love the verse, the colors and the glitter! Visiting your blog is always such a delight! I've left you a little something on my blog. You can pick it up here: www.pureinkspiration.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful day! ~Patti

Nicole said...

WONDERFUL POST! Beautiful work, as usual! nicole

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled to finally be able to comment on your newest cards...for some reason the comment window would not pop up for the last several days, but heh, it works now :-) I was so very, very fortunate to be able to see your card and bookmark IRL. They are truly works of art. I am in love with the BG paper and all your sparkles :-) TFS

AcastlebAgete said...

AcastlebAgete Matt Mueller https://wakelet.com/wake/7SC5rb7GitOZS_L3nzR1W
dephopilsblos