Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cross of Christ Challenges

I had time for just 2 of the SCS challenges this week, did both last night, late into the wee hours : ) ! This first one was for one of the super fun challenges being hosted by the Dirty Dozen Design team & Alumn over at SCS this week...you can check out all the fun right HERE! I played Jody's, It's All About The Ribbon challenge, and you can see those details right HERE!! I used some sweet pink with brown polka dot Amuse ribbon and built the card from there. I am such a ribbon addict. I knew I only had time for one of the DD challenges, and since I have TONS and TONS or ribbon (and never enough!) this challenge was the perfect one for me : ) !!
I used my brand new ODBD Cross of Christ set for both of today's cards. Funny story about that stamp set. It took a vacation to Hawaii before coming to Oregon (wish I could have gone with it). Couldn't figure out why it hadn't arrived and when Kelley tracked it, it was in Honolulu. It arrive last weekend, tanned and relaxed, and I introduced it to some ink last night : ) ! Great stamp set designed by one of our DT members, Dina...you can read all her and this fantastic stamp set plus see the other new releases right HERE!! This card is for a sweet lady whose husband went home to heaven a few days ago. I'm playing piano at his memorial service later today. I wanted to make her an extra special card, and these colors and embelishments all reminded me of her. I used yesterday's sketch challenge at SCS (SC186). I used some of the Prism Silver Metallic cardstock and ran it through my cuttlebug with the textiles ef. That cardstock is fantastic, and it embosses beautifullly too!! I pulled some white scalloped ribbon out of my stash...have no idea where I got it but it was perfect for this card. See, that's why a girl can never have too much ribbon, ya just never know what you're gonna need : ) ! I used some tiny crystals on the cross and slightly larger ones on the corners of the card and on the flower. They just don't photograph well, but irl, they have the most amazing sparkle (I got mine at Walmart in the craft/jewelery making department).

Supplies for the first card ~ Stamps: Cross of Christ Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Bella Rose DP, White Ink: Chocolate Chip & Pink Pirouette Accessories: polka dot ribbon (Amuse), Scallop Edge punch, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals

Supplies for the first card ~ Stamps: Cross of Christ Paper: Perfectly Plum, Pale Plum, Whisper White, Silver Prism Metallics Ink: Versamark Accessories: Silver ep, heat gun, Cuttlebug with textiles ef, 1/4" circle punch, Crystals, Ticket corner punch, Flower from Pretties Kit, White scalloped ribbon & Silver stretch cord, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by : ) !!!

11 comments:

Angel said...

Oooh... these are both so very pretty.

Anonymous said...

OK, the word awesome is getting pretty overused lately with all your cards but it does accurately describe them to a T!!!

Anonymous said...

Those cards are simply stunning! I love the cross stamp! I am having a hard time picking my favorite!

Kim Teasdale said...

Wow! These are so beautiful! I especially love the girly pink card - it's so elegant!

Kim

Pauline said...

They are both great!

liannallama said...

These cards are so beautiful and I'm sure they will bring great comfort.

Carol said...

Both cards are beautiful Nancy! I love the textile embossing on the silver CS!

Whimsey said...

WOW; they are both totally gorgeous!!

Judy Rozema said...

Nancy, these are so beautiful!! Wow! I really love both of them. Too bad Kelley didn't send you to Hawaii to get your own stamp set, huh?

THANK YOU for the delightful birthday card. It is just amazingly cute! I so appreciate you sending it!!

Ann said...

The silver and rhinestones are just lovely!

Anonymous said...

Having so much fun catching up on your awesome blog :-) You do spiritual cards better than anyone.....I think! TFS