Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Scrappy Birthday


Last week's
SCS Ways to Use it Challenge was to use up scraps. I knew that was one challenge I'd have to play...I ALWAYS intend on going back and using my scraps, but I have to admit, I'm not always good about doing it. This was just the nudge I needed, plus I had some great stuff in the scrap pile! I also check out the challenge at the Great Swaps Girls, to use 3 kinds of embelishments. How fun is that? So I combined the two challenges and this card is the result. I found these great images in the scrap pile from the All in the Family (girl) and All Holidays (sentiment) stamp sets. In fact, the only thing that didn't come out of the scrap pile was the square scallop piece. For the GSG challenge, my 4 types of embelishments are ~ a flower from the Pretties Kit (sitting in the scrap pile, already tinted pink, what a find!), a close to cocoa button, silver brads and some pink taffeta ribbon. Does Dazzling Diamonds counts as an embelishment? If so, then I used 5 types! Finished size of this card is 4 1/4" square, my favorite : ) !
This is a quick, simple little 3" enclosure card, made for my friend Tonya... Happy, Happy (a little belated) Birthday Tonya : ) ! The butterfly image is from the soon to be released (August 11th!!!) SU set, Dreams Du Jour! I'll have more to show you from that set soon. The sentiment is from the All Holidays set. That's a new set for me and I am sure enjoying it!! Great sentiments for all the holidays...thus the name!
For those of you who love SU stamps and products this is an exciting week! Lots of great things happening. New Catalog coming out on Monday (August 11th)...if you don't have a local demonstrator and would like a catty, just let me know and I'll ship you one (minimal charge, just to cover my cost). Discounts beginning Monday on several of the brand spankin new set!! AND a fantastic opportunity for anyone who'd like to sign up as an SU Demo for only $99 bucks, and that includes great products that YOU get to pick!! If you're like me and you don't like to pay retail (I love, love, love a good bargain) then you might want to consider becoming a demo yourself. You do NOT ever have to hold workshops if you don't want to. You can just enjoy the discounts and extras that the demos enjoy, and just be your own best customer : ) !! I know it sounds too good to be true, but it's really simple and if you're already spending money on paper crafting supplies, chances are, you can save a bundle! You can go to my SU business website beginning Monday (the new specials will be posted then) to learn more about it, or email me ANYTIME you have a question, I'm more than happy to give you honest answers to your questions. I'm not a sales person, but I do love sharing great stuff when I find it...and this opportunity and that new catty are some GREAT stuff : ) !!! My email is youcanstamp@hotmail.com

Supplies for the first card (4 1/4" square): Stamps: All in the Family, All Holiday Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red Ink: Chocolate Chip & Riding Hood Red (with blender pen for her shoes) Tools/Accessories: Square Marvy punch (guess what, SU has a new square scallop punch in the new catty!), Silver brads, Close to cocoa button, Pink taffeta ribbon, Pretties flower (dyed pink pirouette with the classic ink and a dauber), Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals, Paper piercing tool
Supplies for the second card (3" square): Stamps: Dreams Du Jour, All Holidays Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Bella Rose DP Ink: Riding Hood Red Tools/Accessories: 1 1/4, 1 3/8 & Scallop Circle punches, NEW Scallop Edge punch, Pink taffeta ribbon, Paper piercing tool, Spica clear glitter pen, Sakura clear glaze pen
Coming up this Friday, August 8th...Divine Design!! Until then, thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day : ) !!!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ok, the first one made me smile! That is so cute! The 2nd one is lovely!!!

That Bella Rose paper is so pretty.

Have a good day!

Lori Barnett said...

WAY CUTE! I love the colors. Awesome job on both cards :)

Nicole said...

OH MY! I think these are two of the prettiest cards I have EVER seen! WOW! I JUST LOVE monochromatic cards, they show all of the lovely shapes and details so nicely!

WONDEFUL! THANKS FOR SHARING!

Anonymous said...

So simple and yet so special! I can't wait to show you the 2nd project for our hostess club I made after you inspired me on our monday playdate :-) See you soon, Nancy

Anonymous said...

These are such great "little" cards!! I love them both and that Dreams du Jour one is perfect in every way - I think I'll have to case it!! :)