Friday, January 16, 2009

Barnyard fun


It's time for a little Barnyard Fun with the McSplendid Farm set from The Greeting Farm! This set also includes the most adorable horse, cow and cat. My card is super simple, but it was really fun to make! It's one of those cards that just makes ya smile :) ! Here's a photo that shows how I popped up the ears, nose & wing on dimensionals.I used a fat Copic Marker (YG03) to make the grass...super easy!
We're back in Portland. Made an unplanned trip after Chloe developed a little infection, so she's been admitted for iv antibiotics. The plan is for her to go back home in a day or 2, then come back Wednesday to be admitted for her next surgery. I had this grand plan of stamping yesterday afternoon, had several images all stamped & ready to color and put on cards, but when we woke up and discovered the infection, those stamping plans got put on hold. One look at that sweet little face, and as much as I was looking forward to stamping, she was instantly forgiven. Here's a picutre of her just after the iv was started...she was not a real happy camper, but in true Chloe style, she perked up really fast and was her cheerful self in a matter of minutes. She is such a trooper!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your sweet comments and the prayers. Chloe is 4 weeks old and a whopping 6 pounds 10 ounces. She's made amazing progress and I truly believe that is an answer to all our prayers. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Okay... I'm off to search for a strong cup of coffee :) to make up for sleeping in a hospital chair/bed! Nothing a little caffeine won't fix, lol! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend!!!

18 comments:

Tiffany said...

That card did put a smile on my face! So cute!!!

Chloe looks so precious. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

When oh when will hospitals change those chairs to recliners so one could sleep in comfort. They could rent them out.

Renee said...

Poor little girl :( I'll keep her in my prayers.

BTW that card is outstading! The colors...everything just too cute!

Mary K said...

cute card! I'll be praying for you all. Love to hear about Chloe.

Patti Gingrich said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on Chloe's status. (And for sharing pix.) She's such a little doll! Prayers for continued strength for you and her family as well. ~Patti

Norine said...

that cute is too cute
so glad Chloe is doing better she is adorable

Charlene H. said...

I love her little fist in the pictue. She is truly showing her strength.

Anonymous said...

Chloe is even cuter than your adorable barnyard card. You did a great job with very few supplies. Love the crisp and simple look and the dimensionals. TFS all.....

Marge Sexton said...

Bless her little heart!!!
Brings back memories of my son who was born with an Atrial Septal Defect, but was able to wait until he was 4 years old for open heart surgery. Today he is 28 years old, happy and healthy, thanks to the hand of God upon him.
I will lift Chloe in prayer, she is just so very precious!

Anonymous said...

God bless Chloe...she is definitely a fighter. I will keep her in my prayers. Give her some sugar from this ole nanna.

okienurse said...

What a sweetie. Chloe is getting so big and those big bright eyes. Those antibiotics will be chasing away the infection in no time. Keep us informed about the surgery! God bless!

Jami said...

Such an adorable card. Chloe looks like an angel in all that soft pink! She's so sweet!!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

Chloe and your family will be in my prayers. She is beautiful- sweet and so pretty in pink. Love your card and coloring- It's Terrific! Diane/Lost in the 60's/Planted in Joy

Tonya said...

Chloe is so beautiful and changing everyday. =) You and your family is continually in my prayers Nancy.

Anonymous said...

Chloe is just an adorable little angel from heaven! She is such a fighter with all of the challenges she has been given since her birth.

Know that God is always with her & your family. Also know that there are so many of us who are praying for her & your entire family as well.

Thank you for having the strength to share your journey with us.

Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
Ann :)

Priscilla said...

What a cute card. Glad to hear that Chloe is doing well. :o)

Anonymous said...

What a precious little girl. I will keep her and your family in our prayers. Enjoy your web-site:)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a precious angel! I am glad she is doing well. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

You have inspired me with your faith and your creativity. Thanks! I left you an award on my blog.