Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fun Fast Birthdays

These are 2 of my favorite types of cards ~ clean, simple image/layout on 4 1/4" white card bases. My sister just ordered this Fun & Fast Notes set from SU and she was nice enough to let me borrow it and stamp a few images. There is a stamp for every occasion and they're all adorable! As the name implies, it's perfect for quick cards and she mounted the images and sentiments separatly which makes it even more versatile. I made these two birthday cards this week, one for a guy and the other for a girl.
My guy card features real red and ballet blue. A little added Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds really makes this little cake pop ;) ! I used Copic markers (R29, B31 & 34) to add a little color to the cake. The sentiment is punched out with the word window punch.


My girl card features textured Melon Mambo & Regal Rose. I used Copic R29, R81 & R83 for a splash of color and Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds again for the finishing touches. I really, really like PaperTrey's premium white cardstock to use as white card bases...it's crisp, white & nice and sturdy! I used the Scallop edge Punch and word window punch, along with 3 Kaiser self-adhesive rhinestones for a little extra sparkle :) !
That's all for now. We're having a wonderfultime in the Seattle area visiting family :) ... getting ready to shower and head to church! Enjoy your day, thanks for stopping by.

19 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow, Nancy, these are really lovely cards. Well done :o)

nancy littrell said...

Hi Nance, I love your crisp and simple birthday cards. What a perfect birthday set for this style of card. TFS

TexasGrammy said...

Love these darling b'day cards! I should take a nudge from you and make a few b'day cards ahead!

~Bev

debbi taylor said...

just found your blog and i love your work - i like the colours you use x

Barbara said...

Great bday cards....the cake stamp is toooo cute!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ree Donnelly said...

very cute!!!!!

Term Papers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paper said...

Very cute design! I like the paper you used! It's classy! Thanks for the idea! =)

Diane Noble said...

Since I see a comment dated this month, I'll go ahead and comment. I've been trying to reconnect with some of my very first favorite blogs. I am shamefully behind in blog hopping and commenting. But I see it's been awhile since you posted. Hope all is well. Did you change blog sites. Loved your artwork, so I hope there will be more.

Lori Barnett said...

These are GREAT Nancy! Hope all is wonderful with you :)

Erica said...

Love these cards!

San Diego Catering

Sam said...

Those cards are great and I am going to head out to my craft room from http://roomstogrowusa.web12.hubspot.com/hobbyrooom/ and do my version of them. Thanks for the great ideas!

Sam said...

Those cards are great and I am going to head out to my craft room from http://roomstogrowusa.web12.hubspot.com/hobbyrooom/ and do my version of them. Thanks for the great ideas!

Hank Hendricks said...

This is so cute. Fabulous design. How can i design like this for the Plastic Card? I really appreciate this.

plastic cards printing said...

this is an awesome tutorial! I am amazed at the things I learn every time I visit your blog! Thank you for sharing your time and expertise so freely with all of us! It is most appreciated!

Clipping Path said...

Thank you so much for the detailed article

David Millar said...

raster to vector conversion service
Photo Retouching Services
Thank you So much for this Important and Useful Information.

Jenny L said...

Hi Nancy,
your cards are wonderfully created and the images of those carkes looks very yummy and fabulous.
The colours are so pretty and what beautiful designs.
Lots of crafty love. Jnny L.