Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October Divine Design

It's October 8th...that means it's time to post our Divine Design/Bible Verse challenge projects for the month : ) !!! Can you believe we're posting our 10th projects for the year? We got started in January and somehow it's October already. This has been one of those weeks that has been extra busy for me, the to-do list is long and the days seem too short. I've had to remind myself that God gives me just enough time each day to complete the tasks that HE wants completed. I selected 1 John 4:11 for my scripture. In the busyness of life, I have a tendency to get focused on tasks rather than people. This scripture card will be out where I can meditate on and memorize it. I hope it will remind me to express God's love to others, every time I'm given the opportunity. I think goals and lists are great, but ultimately, expressing God's love, is one of the most important thing I can accomplish today! Alrighty then...that's my scripture for the month. I hope you'll consider playing along with us. Here are the links to the other scripture chicks blogs and the projects they've created this month ~

Lori Craig ~ Make A Difference
Angel Wilde ~
Angelosity
Jami Sibley ~
More is More
Taylor Van Bruggen ~ Taylored Expressions

Anytime you want to play along, you can jump right in. Create a projet featuring scripture that will help you to memorize that scripture. You can find all the Divine Design details right HERE. I simply make a card each month that I set out in a prominent place where I'll see it several times a day. If you upload to SCS, be sure to use the keywords BVC08. It's a fun & inspiring gallery to look through for ideas too :) !
I'll be making Megan's bookmark a little later this month. She's still deciding about the scripture and things were just too rushed. I'll just show you that when it's done :) ... and thanks Angel for asking!! So....what's YOUR scripture for this month? Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to leave a comment and say HI :) !!!


Supplies for my card (size 4 1/4" square) Stamps: none, computer generated scripture Paper: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White Ink: Computer Red Tools/Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, Paper piercing tool, heart brads, 1/2 & 3/4" circle punches, Stitched brown ribbon (Amuse), Dimensionals

8 comments:

Angel said...

Hi Nancy! Lovely as usual. Where's your daughter's bookmark though? :-) I hope you have a wonderful day!

Lorri said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I'm trying to figure out how I can make that card my screensaver. I need that verse as a daily reminder. Thanks Nancy!!

Taylor said...

Gorgeous, Nancy! As always! Thank you for the wonderful scripture reminder today.

Jami said...

Wow Nancy - your post is certainly something I needed to read. I have been beyond busy lately...great reminder to keep focused - thanks. Your card is adorable too!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Thanks for sharing your card, and your heart.....! I got to play today......
http://mamadinis.blogspot.com/2008/10/divine-design-challenge-october.html

Hugs, Dina

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a gorgeous card, love the red, and a beautiful scripture quote to memorize!!! Wonderfully done, and I enjoyed reading your sentiments as well -- thank you!

Lori Craig said...

Love your post this month! The card is great, the reflection *SO* timely. Thank you for your words of wisdom. Have a wonderful weekend!

Diane Noble said...

This is just beautiful. I saw the challenge from Lori several months ago, maybe even the second month. Then I lost the thread. I thought it would be too late to start in when I found it through you again. Now I'm really wanting to do this. And I'd love for the ladies I stamp with to try to join in. Is it really too late to start or will you just keep going.

Nonetheless, I love your card!