Friday, October 17, 2008

Yo Ho Ho

...and a bottle of fun :) ! I've always loved the whole concept of a message in a bottle. I have a little stash of these plastic bottles that I use from time to time. I'd love to find the find the real thing washed up on the shore, but that hasn't happened (yet!). I have mailed a few message bottles, with a little treasure (rolled up cash) tucked inside of a rolled up birthday greeting. This Best Mates set totally inspired me to pull out my bottles and create a little treasure map/greeting :) ! Wouldn't these make fantastic invitations to a pirate themed event? Or how about giving each of your guests a bottle containing this treasure map, complete with clues for a fun scanenger hunt? Oh man, I'm gonna have to have a pirate party one of these days just so I can send these to my friends :). Speaking of TREASURE, I know where YOU can find some some BLOG CANDY TREASURE TODAY ... over at the Splendid Stamping Blog, just click HERE to pop over, leave a comment and get your name in the drawing for a brand-new, soon to be released stamp set!!! Now that's some serious splendid stamping treasure...woooo-hooo! That set will be given away tomorrow, so be sure & sign up TODAY :) !!!
I took these photos at the beach earlier this week. This is Sunset Beach on the beautiful Southern Oregon Coast! As I was taking the pictures, this seagull got really curious about what I was doing and just hung out for a while. I think he was trying to add a little authenticity to the whole beach/pirate thing ;)
More treasure....a fantastic Best Mates card made by my daugher, Megan! That pirate & her sweet companions have some serious orange and pink sparkles going on thanks to a generous amount of Stickles ;)

I have to share one more treasure with you...a link to a FUN pirate song, just click HERE to enjoy a silly song from those silly Veggie Tale Pirates who don't do anything!

Have a fantastic weekend...thanks :) for stopping by and saying hi!

Supplies for the treasure map: Naturals Ivory cardstock, Creamy Caramel Ink, Best Mates Stamp set, Sponge daubers (I stamped the images, tore the edges of the paper, crumpled up the paper then smoothed it out several times, then sponged the edges using sponge daubers) **I did a quick web search and found this site where you can find message bottles :)

Supplies for Meg's card (finished size 4 1/4 square) ~ Stamps: Best Mates Paper: Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Cardstock, Sweet Always DP Ink: Brilliance Graphite Tools/Accessories: Embossing Powder, Heat gun, Copic Markers, Stickles glitter, Pewter brads

4 comments:

Angel said...

How fun! We had a Pirate party for my son when he was about 10. One of my favorite parties and we had a TON! Tell Megan her card is absolutely divine! LOVE the sparkle. I can tell she's a happy soul! Hugs!

Renee said...

Love the message in the bottle! How fun! Your card is adorable also...love the pirates :)

Jami said...

Nancy - this is so neat - I just love your wonderful ideas on how to use the bottle, and your presentation photos are awesome!!!
hugs, jami

Anonymous said...

OMG Meg, you are already as talented as your mom :-) I saw your card IRL and it is a show stopper. TFS