Cardstock (6 ½ x 4)
Designer Paper (3 3/8 x 3 ¾)
Stretch Cord (15”)
Corner Rounder Punch
Cropadile & (2) Eyelets
Optional ~ Stamps, Ink, extra Embelishments
1. Cut Cardstock: 6 ½ x 4”
2. Cut 2 pieces of DP: 2 ¼ x 3 ¾ and 1 1/8 x 3 ¾
3. Score Cardstock: 1 3/8 and 4”
4. Punch center panel edges with slit punch, approx ¼” from each edge
5. Punch all 4 corners of cardstock with Corner Rounder
6. Punch bottom edge of small DP piece and top edge of large DP piece
7. Adhere DP to cardstock…small piece to top panel (line up round edges) and large piece to bottom panel (line up round edges). Be sure you get the adhesive all the way to the edges of the dp on all 4 sides.
8. Punch holes in the lower edges of the top panel and attach Eyelets with Cropadile. *if you don't have a Cropadile or eyelets....just tie the stretch cord around the closed gift card holder and tie a bow on the front flap to close...then, get out your Christmas wish list and add a Cropadile and Eyelets = )!!!
9. String the cord through the eyelets and tie into a bow or knot.
10. Optional ~ add additional embelishments outside and stamp sentiment and images inside the gift card
*Please note...On the very first picture above, the eyelets are placed a bit higher...and that's not ideal. It will close much better if you place the eyelets lower, like the one below (with the joy sentiment). I made the 2 other examples before I'd discovered that they'd close better with the eyelets lower...they are just fine, but the lower eyelet placement is definitely better = )
the inside ~
That's it...Pretty simple, don't you think? It took me longer to write the tutorial than it did to make 4 gift card holders!! I will be using these for a lot of my gifts this year. I'm a big fan of gift cards and it's amazing how many varieties are available. I like to coordinate the colors with the gift card...and on a project this small and simple, it's no problem to coordinate colors and add a few extra embelishments!!
I used Real Red and Old Olive Cardstock and Dashing Designer Paper. Gold and Silver Stretch cord (only available until November 30th... in the Holiday Mini Catalog) and Gold and Silver Eyelets. The 5-Petal Flower Punch and Spring Bouquet Punch along with a Rhinestone brad for the flower medallion. The to/from and joy sentiments (from Perfect Presentation) were stamped on Shimmery White Cardstock in Old Olive Classic Ink.