Sunday, May 18, 2008

Blue Pun Fun

Oh yeah...I'm still having a ton of fun with my new stamp set...Pun Fun! When my friend Shawn gave it to me, she mentioned that the whale was her favorite stamp, so I decided that's what I'd use for her thank you note. I used Phrases for a Friend for the sentiment...I just love how it's chunky and bold, with a dash of fun thrown in : ) . The Pun Fun set includes the sentiment "Get Whale Soon" ... I'll use that another time. Here's a close-up of that happy little whale ~So, I was laying in bed last night & had this card in my head (come on, I know that happens to you too, lol!)...and the part I was excited to try, was the waves. I was thinking that if the corner rounders made good scallops, then one of my fabulous punches should make waves...right? Well, sure enough, the Slit Punch makes perfect waves : ) !!! Here's a photo of how I made 'em ~ Just make sure you leave a tiny space on the base and side of the punch, like you see in the photo. It's really easy. I do better with making my scallops and waves from right to left, but you can do it either way, whatever works for you!

And while I had those supplies out...I also made this "Thank ewe" note ~
And this Congratulations card (the pun fun set has the sentiment "you're a blast" with the rocket ...which is another great option) ~


Here's a close-up of the rocket : ) ... you can see the silver metalic accents made with the Zig Painty Pen and the shimmer from the Dazzling Diamonds glitter~
Ballet Blue is actually very pretty, although you'd never know it from looking at the photos...it's a much softer shade than what's showing up in the photos. Certain colors are just like that. Even my full spectrum light failed me on this one. Oh well, you get the idea.
Gotta go, time to watch a movie with the DH : ) !!
Supplies for the Whale card ~ Stamps: Pun Fun & Phrases for a Friend Paper: Ballet Blue, Brushed Silver, Whisper White, Prints Pack Designer Series Paper (hostess level-1) Ink: Palette Noir, Ballet Blue Copics: N1, 3 & 6, B21, E93 Accessories: Sakura Clear glaze pen, Paper piercing tool/mat pack, Ticket Corner Punch, Slit Punch, 1/2 & 3/4" Circle Punches, Paper Snips, Silver brads, Dimensionals
Supplies for Ewe card ~ Stamps: Pun Fun Paper: Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Prints Pack Designer Series Paper (hostess level-1) Ink: Palette Noir Copics: C3, B23, RV21, E00 Accessories: Paper piercing tool/mat pack, Silver brads, Small & Large Oval punches, Ticket corner punch, White 1/4" gg ribbon (I used my Ballet blue marker to color the edges), Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Fine Comso Glitter, Ballet Marker, Sakura quickie glue pen, Sakura Clear glaze pen
Supplies for Rocket card ~ Stamps: Pun Fun, Phrases for a Friend Paper: Ballet Blue, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Prints Pack Designer Series Paper (hostess level-1) Ink: Palette Noir, Going Gray Copics: B-21 & 23, N1,3 & 6, C3 Accessories: Paper piercing tool/mat pack, Silver brads, Zig Painty Pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Sakura quickie glue pen
Enjoy your evening : ) ... and when you get a chance, make some waves!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of these are sooooo cute!!! I love them all!

pescbrico said...

Love the way you did your water!! :) Really clever! Lovely cards too :) Have a great week!

Marie said...

Oh my goodness these are SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have to steal the water idea. Hope you don't mind ;) I'll tell everyone the genius who came up with it is you! TFS

Nancy Riley said...

So stinkin' CUTE, Nancy! You're even color coordinating your designs now ... LOL! Those waves are CLEVER, and the "so" in the circle looks like a life preserver. You think of everything!

Tiffany said...

What a great idea with the waves. These cards are great!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the wave idea!!! You are fabulous!!! Thank you for the continual inspiration!

Mauna said...

Thanks for the wave idea!! These cards are really cute.

Sears Family said...

I have made those waves before nbut I think it time to do it again! I love all three of the cards. I especially love the layout of the Ewe card!

valita said...

HI Nancy, ive a surprise on my blog for you...Luv Valita
http://valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com/2008/05/kreative-blogger-award.html

Janean Campbell said...

All of these cards are so much fun...I bet you had a lot of fun making them. I love the whale one...

Anonymous said...

OMG Nance.......all your Pun Fun cards are so incredibly Adorable and "Fun" :-) I love them all! TFS and making me get this set too :-)