Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Swingin By with some awards!


Happy Wednesday : ) ! I have a couple of cards and some blog awards to share with you today . The cards were both made with the new OCL set, Swingin' By. This set includes a variety of SUPER fun images and sentiments. You seriously have to see the entire set.... check it out right HERE.
Over the past 2 weeks, I've received a few blog awards...


KellyJean, Dancing with Stamps, sent me this "Exalting Christ" blog award! I'd like to nominate Angel and Lori, Jami & Taylor for this award. These girls inspire me with their amazing creativity, but more importantly, in their relationship with Christ. Thanks girls, for all the inspiration you provide :) !!!
And...Beth, Big Sky Paper and Design, gave me this "Makes my heart smile" blog award! And Deb at Bee Bug Creations did too :) !! I'd like to nominate Kyla, Lorri, Silke, Debbie (this week's SCS feature stamper plus she designed the stamp set that I used today...she's pretty much a super star!), Judy & Lorelie (btw... she has some awesome blog candy up for grabs!) for this award. These girls all have fun and amazing blogs that I KNOW you'll love to visit!!! And a HUGE thanks to KellyJean, Beth & Deb for these awards...you girls have been a real blessing to me...these past 2 weeks have been extra busy weeks and these awards encouraged my heart in a special way.
Back to some cards :) ... You gotta love this clever sentiment, "You'll Owl-ways be my friend". This card was also made with the Swingin By set...I had colored the owl and planned on using him on the first card, but he didn't fit, so I punched him and a sentiment out and whaa-laaa....another card!




















I used these Copic colors for my cards today:
BG72, BG78, YG03, YG95, YG11, YG13, E25, E27, E31, E34, BG000 and, of course, a blender pen.These fun DPs are by My Mind's Eye...Eclectic Paperie has a great selection of MMI DPs as well as Copics - you can find 'em all right HERE.
Whew, that was a long post! There are links to a ton of fun blogs and shops & I'm sure hope you'll have a fun time visiting each and every one :) !!! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day !
Supplies for the first card~ Stamps: OCL Swingin By Paper: MMI DP, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Neenah White Ink: Ranger Distressed Black Soot Accessories: Copic Markers, SU Eyelet edge punch, SU horizontal slot punch, SU white taffeta ribbon, Paper piercing tool/mat pack Supplies for the second card ~ Stamps: OCL Swingin By Paper: MMI Dp, Certainly Celery, Choc Chip, Neenah White Ink: Ranger Distressed Black Soot Accessories: 1 1/4 & 1 3/8" Circle punches, 1/4" choc chip gg ribbon

13 comments:

ScrappyKy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ScrappyKy said...

Thank you very much for the award! I am thrilled to know that you enjoy my blog. I feel the same about yours! I love the days when I see that you have a new post up. Your projects always inspire me. The blogging world is a better place with you in it!

Pauline said...

Hiya, Nancy, great cards as usual. Also congratulations on your awards; well deserved I think :o)

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much I love that tree card, truly amazing!

laurie said...

I love that swing on the tree card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi Nancy - thank you so much for thinking of me!!! What a sweet reward!!! I'll try to post it on my blog soon!!!

Love both of your cards!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Debbie Corbari said...

Nancy you are not only an absolute SWEETHEART but one amazing stamper as well! Thank you SO SO much for the award and comment!! Your cards blow me away and I'm always so excited to see what you create! Thanks again! You are just FABULOUS!

nancy littrell said...

OMG Nance, Your Swinging Owl cards are just adorable. It is my fav. of all the new OCL sets. TFS and Congrats on all your new Blog awards :-)

Tonya said...

Nancy, these cards are great!!! I love the colors and your Copics just do wonders to the world of coloring!

Marie said...

Both of these cards are just adorable!!!!!! You do a fabulous job coloring the images. You never disappoint when I get your update in my Google Reader!!!

kellyjean said...

Girl, it was my pleasure! Congrats on both! Blessings, KJ

The Queen of Clearance said...

I love the owl card! It is so cute! and I looove owls!

Angel said...

Thanks for the award. You're pretty awesome yourself!