Saturday, May 9, 2009

Divine Design May

It's the 9th, time to share my May Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge bookmark with you ! I've had a super busy week at school, so it was really nice to take a little break and make my bookmark. I used one of the ODBD stamps from the Design Team Scripture Collection 1. This wonderful scripture was selected by the very talented Amy Sheffer, to be part of the collection (great choice Amy!).
Romans 8:28 ~
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose"

I will enjoy focusing on and memorizing this scripture during the month of May. How reassuring to know that God is working for my good...and thank goodness it's with His plan and not mine, LOL! His perspective is far broader and infinitely wiser than mine. Are you playing along with the monthly Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge? You can find the detais HERE. And if you're looking for a little inspiration, both artistic and spiritual, be sure to check out the Divine Design gallery at SCS. When you upload your project to SCS, be sure to use the keywords BVC09, so we can check out YOUR creation! Speaking of inspiration, here are links to the scripture chicks so you can see what they've created this month:
Angel Wilde: Angelosity
Lori Craig:
Make a Difference
Jami Bova: Stamp Happy

Taylor's on vactaion, spending a little time with the hubby, so she won't be posting this month. But you can still check out her super fun blog right HERE.Thank you so much for stopping by. Hope you have a good weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! My daughters, granddaughter and I will be spending tomorrow with my mom....4 generations of us together. What a blessing! Here's the card I made for my mom. She loves butterflies, so I think she'll love this. I used the Big Shot & SU Beautiful Butterflies die :) ~

Supplies used for the bookmark (size 3 1/2 x 6") ~ Stamps: ODBD Scripture Collection 1 Paper: Penny Lane DP by My Mind's Eye, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery Ink: Chocolate Chip Accessories: 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1 1/4, 1 3/8 & Scallop Circle SU punches, SU Pink Flower brad
Supplies for the card (size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) ~ Stamps: SU All Holidays Paper: Penny Lane by My Mind's Eye, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Neenah White Ink: Baja Breeze Accessories: SU Big Shot & SU Beautiful Butterflies Die, Kaiser self adhesive pink & white pearls, Scallop Edge Punch *you can find the Penny Lane, My Mind's eye DP at Eclectic Paperie...they have a wonderful selection of MMI papers :) right HERE



10 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Wow, Nancy!! What an incredibly sweet and beautiful card!!

Judy Rozema said...

Ok - the above was for the Mother's Day card - and I forgot to mention how much I love the design of the scripture card too!! Fabulous layout and paper!

nancy littrell said...

Nance, I love how you focused on all the circles on your DP for your beautiful bookmark. What a beautiful day you must be having with your 4 generations of females! Our day was made special with phone calls from our 3 adult kids and getting an update on our beautiful new baby grandson Case. He is nursing constantly and daddy is still home so mommy can get as much rest as possible. Karla said she has yet to change a diaper :-)
Happy Mother's Day to you all...

Pauline said...

Great cards, Nancy, really pretty. I favour the one with the scripture; the last few months have seen me slipped away from the Lord, doing my own thing, not going to church often. However, tonight's message was so good that it's brought me to my senses :o)
God bless you and yours.
Hugs.

Angel said...

Happy Mother's Day! What a fabulous scripture choice. :-)
Your bookmark is so pretty!!!

Lori Craig said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVe this! THe patterned paper is fabulous! The colors - the popped up circles. I love this verse, as many do. Our pastor gave a wonderful sermon around this scripture several months ago. He discussed the truth of the word - that ALL things work for those who love Him. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Kelley said...

Those popped up circles are so festive! Love the entire card!

Jami said...

Both are so beautiful. I love how you punched the circles from the paper and added so much dimension!

Tonya said...

Fabulous verse, wonderful paper, great design....yes, yes, yes. It gets my vote. I really love the color selection you have going on right now!!

Barbara said...

This is one precious & beautiful card...very nice!