Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Blooming

It's been such a pretty day on the Oregon Coast! Still a bit cold, but the sky is blue and the sun is shining....it looks like Spring! I'm so happy, my stamp room is unpacked, organized and I have my little stamping spot back again! For today's SCS color challenge, I decided to break out the Blooming with Love set. This was my very favorite set when the new catalog first came out, but I haven't used it much and I have absolutely no idea why. Maybe it's just been waiting for Spring = )! When I first read the colors that Emily selected for today's color challenge (CC160), Creamy Caramel, Apricot Appeal, Mellow Moss & Cameo Coral, I didn't think I was going to play. I just didn't see any possible way that these colors could work together....but, ya know what...I like a good challenge! So, I looked through my stamps, found this set, decided to give it a try. I just got the coordinating wheel, Blooms and Bulbs, last week, so this seemed like the perfect time to try it out as well. It actually turned out to be a really fun project! It's a little hard to some of the fine details in the photo, but I stamped the image piece on Shimmery white, colored everything in with markers, then outlined the flowers with a Clear Sakura Stardust pen, then a Clear Sakura Glaze pen, so they have both dimension and shimmer. The flowers still didn't look finished to me, so I added a touch of Yellow Stickles for the centers and that gave them a beautiful little sparkle. I also traced over the Blooms & Bulbs image with the clear Stardust pen, to carry a little sparkle over to that side of the card. It's a nice contrast to the matte look of the caramel and moss cardstock.

That's all for now...I have a couple of projects on the workbench to finish up and show you tomorrow....including my new Elzybells = )!!!

Supplies for the card ~
Stamps: Blooming with Love, Blooms & Bulbs Wheel, One of a Kind (punched flower)
Paper: Apricot, Caramel, Moss, Coral, Shimmery White
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown, Apricot, Caramel
Markers: SU Apricot, Moss, Coral, Caramel, Copic Neutral Gray (N3), Sakura Clear Stardust & Glaze pens, Yellow & Cinnamon Stickles, Paper piercing tool/mat pack, 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" & Scallop Circle punches, Photo corner punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Yellow Rhinestone brad, Hemp twine, non-su mini scallop scissors

Hope YOUR day is blooming with love = ) !

8 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card Nancy! It's so pretty!
Can't wait to see your new Elzybells!

Emily said...

I love this! The colors and layout are awesome! TFS!

Kim said...

Just wanted to say .. I really like this card!. Thanks for sharing.

Alhambra Club said...

What a wonderful card.

Anonymous said...

So happy to see you stamping again :-) Love your added bling, layout, piercing, beautifully colored main image and clever photo corners. I just ordered this set yesterday to use at my next party. Now I really can't wait. TFS

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the stitch of hemp twine on the photo corner - what a super idea! Great card:)

Dawn G. said...

Beautiful card!!! I need the stamp set now :)

Vicki said...

This is a great card. You have a good eye for just enough embellishing. Thanks for sharing!