Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Seattle Treasures

Today's cards were made with some of the treasures I found in Seattle last week = ). This first card is for today's sketch challenge over at SCS (SC170). Great sketch...thanks Rox! Perfect for showing off this gorgeous DP I found at the Amuse shop. It's made by College Press, part of their Doubletake, "Seeds" Collection. The paper was just too pretty to cover up, so the only thing I stamped was the scripture from my Light of the World set, from Our Daily Bread Designs. What a treat to have great scripture stamps to use!! I really do love Kelleys' new stamps...AND she's just getting ready to release 2 new sets very soon, so I'll have more to show you in the next couple weeks. You can check it all out at ODBD! This next card is a quick, simple one featuring my new Fairy Girl Elzybells. If you're ever in the Seattle area and get a chance to stop at the Amuse shop, I highly recommend it. It was a really fun shop to spend a little time in...such a cheerful, happy place filled with amazing stamps and supplies!! I had to use a LOT of self control, the bulk of my budget went to ribbon. This ribbon is so pretty...sheer in the middle, with a hint of sparkle, and colored on the edges. Of course, I "needed" a variety of colors. If there is a treatment center for people addicted to ribbon, I might need to go. My friend Sandi suggested that perhaps I should look into glitter/spakle addiction centers also (lol...she knows me too well!). I used Dazzling Diamonds glitter on Elzy's wings, Sakura Stardust pens on her dress, trim, slippers and hair, yellow Stickles on the tip of her wand and self adhesive rhinestones on the sentiment....but I think Elzybells likes all that sparkle...don't you?

That's all for now...back to my stamping = ) !

Supplies for the Light of the World Card~
Stamps: Light of the World (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Chocolate, Olive, Vanilla, Seeds DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Photo Corner Punch, Paper piercing tool/mat pack, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Self Adhesive green rhinestones by Kaiser

Supplies for the Elzybells Card~
Stamps: Fairy Girl (Elzybells), Make a Wish (Amuse)
Paper: Amuse Polka dot notecards, Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White CS
Ink: Palette Noir, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Copic & SU markers, Sakura Stardust pens, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, yellow Stickles, Word Window punch, Marvy Square scallop giga punch (purple), Amuse ribbon, self adhesive turquoise rhinestones

Have an awesome evening = ) !!!

11 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Both of your cards are so lovely

Kim said...

Wow, amaaaaaazing paper!

Anonymous said...

OOOhhhh, I LOVE that Seeds paper!! Great card!!!

Trish D said...

I really love the green card - the green papers are just gorgeous, and it's a great layout to really showcase the verse.

Anonymous said...

Both cards are wonderful! You have such a nice style about your cardmaking.

Anonymous said...

Nancy, you create some amazing and stylish cards!! Your Elzybells card really showcases your fun side and the Light of the World card shows off your sophisticated creativity!! Both are fabulous!!

p.s. That Seeds DP is so pretty!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Nancy, your first card is lovely. What beautiful paper that you found.

The second card is adorable! That ribbon does look yummy!

Denise said...

Such beautiful cards.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to get my ncmorgan addiction fix :-) I so love your sweet, sparkly and always fun filled embellished cards :-) Love your new toys. I am cooking and cleaning, so we can just play when the kids come on saturday :-) Sure would love to do at least the SC for this week. Nancy L

Denise G said...

Love the Elzy... but who doesn't.. she is so stinkin cute! REALLY like the green card and the verse!

Angel said...

GorgeouS!!!! JUST GorgeouS, girl!
And BTW, hmmm.... TAG, you're it!