Saturday, April 5, 2008

Fun with Hanna

I'd forgotten all about my Pink Passion cardstock and ink...haven't had it out in months. It was perfect for this card, because it had to be bold, bright & fun, for my daughter, Megan = ) ! This card is soooo her!! Meg is a distance runner at Oregon State University (Go Beavs!) and spends about 2 hours, on average, in the gym, running or doing some type of training every day! She's had some set-backs and challenges over the past couple years, but that girl is like the Energizer Bunny...she just keeps going, and going, and going!!! I thought this card might brighten (literally, lol!) up her day! When I saw this stamp set (Hanna Stamps, Getting Physical) over at Eclectic Paperie , I knew I had to have it. I've been watching & waiting for a stamp set that featured working out and/or running. The sentiment (Celebrate You) is from the SU Mini catalog, from the Phrases for a Friend set. Long story short, I had lunch with Cami (StampaLittleLoveBaby) & her new recruit, Gail, on Friday and, of course we all chatted non-stop about stamping the entire time. Cami's on the DT for Hanna Stamps, so I was telling her I'd seen this set and loved it and...guess what? She shows up on my doorstep a couple hours later... lets me borrow her set, so I don't even have to wait till mine comes!! Yeah, she's like this mega-talented superstar stamper...but she's also one of the nicest people I've ever met. Thanks Cami...YOU really are the best! She also has the new, Tool Time Hanna card up on her blog today, you don't want to miss that...very, very cute!! Oh, and thanks Gail for all your inspiration and for the awesome lunch too = ) !!

That's all for now...more to show you later in the week. Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge coming up on Tuesday and MORE = ) !!!

Supplies for Meg's card~
Stamps: Hanna Stamps Get Physical, SU Phrases for a Friend
Paper: Pink Passion, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Bali Breeze DP
Ink: Palette Noir, Pumpkin Pie & Pink Passion
Accessories: 1" & 1 1/4" Circle punches, Paper piercing tool, Pink rhinestone brad, Copic Markers, Sakura clear stardust pen

Have a great weekend :)


5 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love this bright fun card Nancy! I have not used Pink Passion in ages either but it is PERFECT on this card!! Your daughter will love it...so fun! I've been eyeing that stamp set too ;)
Thanks for the inspiration!

Bellawhoop said...

LOVE this! I love pink & orange together and this is just perfect for your daughter. I'm sure it will brighten her day!

Anonymous said...

So, so cute!!!!! I love this color set together!!!!

Anonymous said...

So, so bright and cheerful and...Megan :-) I sure hope to make your next stamping playdate. Don't we all have just so much FUN ! TFS

Nancy Riley said...

This is adorable, Nancy! You're such a good mom! Can't wait until Megan gets another break from college and can stamp again! She's so talented, and I love seeing her creations!