Thursday, November 20, 2008

Easy Pumpkins

Need an idea for a quick, simple Thanksgiving favor or place setting? We made these super simple little boxes at my workshop this month. These are SO easy, you could make them for all your dinner guests and include a little treat inside! I made a basic triangle box with Old Olive cardstock (you can find Beate's SCS triangle box tutorial HERE). This is a 3" Triangle, so I started with a rectangle 3" x 6". I added a strip of Haiku DP (1" x 3"), then punched (2) Tanergine Tango Large Ovals, and Punched a 3rd Large oval from the Haiku Dp and popped it up on a couple dimensionals. The stem is 1/4" Olive gg ribbon and it's tied together with a little Hemp Twine. The sentiment is from the All Holidays set :) and punched out with a small Oval punch.
Here's a quick card I made with some of the same supplies. This time I used a sponge dauber to add a little tangerine ink to the edges of the ovals to give them a little dimension. You could easily add more scallops to make a bigger, fuller pumpkin...it's up to you, keep it simple, or add a little more :) ! The "Happy Thanksgiving" greeting is from the Holidays and Wishes set.I also have 2 RAKs to share with you today! This first one is from the Amazing Nancy Riley (iStamp)!! Isn't it gorgeous? Thanks Nancy...you are SO thoughtful (AND talented...but that goes without saying)!!! You can find all the details about her card right HERE!And this sweet Thanksgiving card is from my friend/customer, Danica! I love the colors and textures in her card. She used the Happy Blessings set from the Holiday Mini :) ... love it! Thanks for stopping by! I have a fun and easy calender tutorial coming right up in the next few days...so stay tuned !!! Have a great evening :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow there all gorgeous cards Nancy, your such an inspiration. thank you for sharing, have a wonderful day
love emma x

Jane Wetzel said...

PERFECT!!! love them!

Carin said...

love the pumpkin & the Thanksgiving card.

Nancy said...

I love that triangle box, and how you made your pumpkins!

I have something for you on my blog

Jami said...

Love those punched pumpkins!! The little triangle box is adorable!
hugs, Jami