Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Big hugs to everyone...hope your day is filled with love, laughter and yes...Turkey!! This year has been a challenging one for me and my family, but God's been faithful to provide all that we've needed, one day at a time. Part of that provision has been flooding my life with amazing friends who have been an tremendous source of love & support. I really do have so much to be thankful for today and everyday :) !!!
My first card is sweet little Anna Mae from
Our Craft Lounge...reminding you to SMILE :) !!! To fully appreciate the OCL stamps, you HAVE to see ALL the pieces included in the sets. Anna Mae & Lola Mae are paper dolls for grown ups :) ... SO much fun... you can check out those sets right HERE!!! I intentionally left Anna Mae's dress plain in this image, because I covered it in Spica Red Glitter pen (after coloring it with Copic Marker R37)... it has this wonderful shimmer irl that you just can't see in the photo. I also used a Clear Spica glitter pen to add shimmer to other parts of the image and to the DP too! Anna Mae's little dress is a great space to paper piece in some DP or stamp hearts or stripes with the stamps that are included...lots and lots of options. The OCL girls created these sets to be VERY versatile!!! I've been sharing a little bit about my favorite Copic Markers and the Anna Mae card includes some of those favorites including...E25 & 27 (brown hair & shoes), E00 (skin tone) R81 & 83 (rosy pink) & R37 (really close to Riding Hood Red). I also used BG11 & 13 (blue/green). I outlined her with my must have C1!
This next card features the Lola Love set & several of the same Copic colors, R37, BG 11 & 13, but I also used Y35 & 32 for Lola's blonde hair. Plenty of sparkle on this card too...you can see it best on the heart, its covered in the Red Spica Glitter pen (just like Anna Mae's dress)! As you can tell, I'm a big fan of sparkle!!! If you haven't tried the Spicas and want to see what they're like, I recommend starting with a Clear Spica. For about $2.50, it's a great way to add shimmer to your projects! Oh, and for any of you who are still trying to figure out which ink to use with your Copics...I've been using Ranger Distressed Ink (Soot) and LOVE it! It dries instantly and doesn't bleed with the Copic Inks. Just stamp & color...no patience needed...now that's my kind of ink :) !!!
The girls at OCL have started picking winning PINK TICKETS from their premier weekend celebration. If you have a pink ticket, be sure to check HERE to see if you're a winner!!

Supplies for today's cards (for the sake of time, I'm going to combine supplies, because they're so similar) ~ (Anna Mae card 4 1/4 square, Lola Love card 5 1/2 x 4 1/4) ~ Stamps: Anna Mae & Lola Mae Paper: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, White, My Mind's Eye Just Dreamy 2 collection Ink: Ranger Distressed Soot Tools/Accessories: Copic Sketch Markers, Spica Glitter Pens, Petite Circle, Oval & Long Rectangle Nesties with CB, Janome Sew mini, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon

May God bless you with a grateful & satisfied heart today!!!

5 comments:

Pauline said...

These cards are so much fun, and i really like the papers used.

Michele Kovack said...

These are sooo sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Nance to you and your family. These 2 Anna Mae girls are just as cute and sweet as your two grown up girls. TFS

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Such sweet cards!

Lori Barnett said...

I love that new stamp set! I have it on my wish list :) thanks for the tip on the Ranger ink with Copics...I'll need to give that a try! Always looking for more info with those Copics! I'm teaching my first Copic class on Dec. 11th! Woohoo!!