Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Miracles Happen

I love this sentiment...Miracles Happen! I believe miracles happen in big and small ways every day, you just need to look around and you'll find 'em. My daughter told me she was daydreaming at a traffic light yesterday and a moment later a car ran a red light and went right through the intersection where she should have been. Hmmm...a random daydream or a miracle? Take your pick...but I pick miracle :) ! The sentiment and the bird are both from the Vintage Bird set, by Pink Poison. This bird was fun to color! I tried to add ribbon and a few other embelishments to this card but it just looked too busy, so I kept it simple. This DP, from My Mind's Eye, Just Dreamy 2 collection, is so gorgeous, you don't need much else (the DP & Rhinestones are both available at Eclectic Paperie). Lots of dimension & color on this card and you can see that a little better in this photo ~ This little pup is getting stamped a lot at my house :) ... he's so cute, I just can't help myself! It's Pat the Dog, from Our Craft Lounge!! I made this card for yesterday's color challenge (CC193)at SCS, to use Real Red, Black & Kraft. I don't think I've ever used that combo before, but I sure like it! I was hoping to do the sketch challenge today, but it ended up only being a hope. Maybe tomorrow?That's it for today ... I still have a couple fun workshop projects to show you and a great little tutorial for you in the next few days too! Have a great evening, thanks for stopping :) !

Supplies for the first card (size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) ~ Stamps: Vintage Birds Paper: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, White, My Minds Eye Dreamy 2 Dp Ink: Distressed Soot Tools/Accessories: Copic Markers, Spica clear glitter pen, Sakura clear glaze pen, Oval/Scalloped Nesties/CB, Kaiser self adhesive rhinestones, Dimensionals

Supplies for the second card (size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) ~ Stamps: Pat the Dog Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, White, Kraft Designer series paper (hostess pack) Ink: Distressed Soot Tools/Accessories: Copic Markers, Spica clear & red glitter pens, Sakura clear glaze pen, 3/4" & 1" Circle Punches, Silver Eyelet/Cropadile, Hemp Twine, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Kelley said...

I think her guardian angel was paying good attention that day! Thank God for miracles!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Miracles are a wonderful thing!! Love your cards today - I love that bird and all his perfectly placed bling!! And that dog is too stinkin' cute!! Reminds me of Clifford the big red dog! :)
hugs, Jami

Mary said...

I love this card. I had a stamp made that I stamp on the back of all my cards that say's
"Believe in Miracles". I have seen huge miracles in my life. I will have to check out this stamp set.
TFS

nancy littrell said...

I too believe in miracles. Your coloring Nance is fantastic and I love how you did not add any more embellishment to your gorgeous bird, Nesties framing, rhinestones and perfect DP. Your doggie is so cute too. I think I am going to try the CC after seeing your results. My kraft paper is sorely negleted. TFS and Inspiring :-)

Angel said...

I say it was a miracle too! I don't believe in coincidences, just God-incidinces! Your two cards are just perfect. That pup is so fun! Can't wait to see your tutorial! You always have the best things up your sleeve! {{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

Hello! My name is Nika! I so like your blog! We are from Russia. My husband and I to work with students. We organize many clubs to construct attitudes friendship and to speak them about the Christ. I have ladys club, we to do hand made cards, scrapbook, quilt and crosstitch. It is good opportunity to testify about our God and His love! Every Saturday I have craft club for ladyes. We do cards, quilt, crochet, cross stitch too. It very not usual and new to Russian culture. I to study from different blogs how to make cards, made quilt and to use different technics. We are missionary to the Far East Russia. We are russian. We live in city Birobidzhan, it is the Jewish region in Russia. A lot of Jews live here. They have synagogues and to celebrate religious holidays. But many of them do not know the Christ. We have 2 daughters. Polina is 8 years and Liliya is 2 years.And if you are interesting about us I shall be glad give answer to you. I will glad if you can write me.Sorry my English.
You can vizit to my blog http://christforchristglory.blogspot.com
and our family ministry blog
http://fareastrussiaforgodsglory.blogspot.com
Can I ask if you can halp to our ministry, here in Russia? Nika
zn4hisglory4@gmail.com