Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Miracles Happen

I love this sentiment...Miracles Happen! I believe miracles happen in big and small ways every day, you just need to look around and you'll find 'em. My daughter told me she was daydreaming at a traffic light yesterday and a moment later a car ran a red light and went right through the intersection where she should have been. Hmmm...a random daydream or a miracle? Take your pick...but I pick miracle :) ! The sentiment and the bird are both from the Vintage Bird set, by Pink Poison. This bird was fun to color! I tried to add ribbon and a few other embelishments to this card but it just looked too busy, so I kept it simple. This DP, from My Mind's Eye, Just Dreamy 2 collection, is so gorgeous, you don't need much else (the DP & Rhinestones are both available at Eclectic Paperie). Lots of dimension & color on this card and you can see that a little better in this photo ~ This little pup is getting stamped a lot at my house :) ... he's so cute, I just can't help myself! It's Pat the Dog, from Our Craft Lounge!! I made this card for yesterday's color challenge (CC193)at SCS, to use Real Red, Black & Kraft. I don't think I've ever used that combo before, but I sure like it! I was hoping to do the sketch challenge today, but it ended up only being a hope. Maybe tomorrow?That's it for today ... I still have a couple fun workshop projects to show you and a great little tutorial for you in the next few days too! Have a great evening, thanks for stopping :) !

Supplies for the first card (size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) ~ Stamps: Vintage Birds Paper: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, White, My Minds Eye Dreamy 2 Dp Ink: Distressed Soot Tools/Accessories: Copic Markers, Spica clear glitter pen, Sakura clear glaze pen, Oval/Scalloped Nesties/CB, Kaiser self adhesive rhinestones, Dimensionals

Supplies for the second card (size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) ~ Stamps: Pat the Dog Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, White, Kraft Designer series paper (hostess pack) Ink: Distressed Soot Tools/Accessories: Copic Markers, Spica clear & red glitter pens, Sakura clear glaze pen, 3/4" & 1" Circle Punches, Silver Eyelet/Cropadile, Hemp Twine, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Kelley said...

I think her guardian angel was paying good attention that day! Thank God for miracles!

Jami said...

Miracles are a wonderful thing!! Love your cards today - I love that bird and all his perfectly placed bling!! And that dog is too stinkin' cute!! Reminds me of Clifford the big red dog! :)
hugs, Jami

Mary said...

I love this card. I had a stamp made that I stamp on the back of all my cards that say's
"Believe in Miracles". I have seen huge miracles in my life. I will have to check out this stamp set.
TFS

Anonymous said...

I too believe in miracles. Your coloring Nance is fantastic and I love how you did not add any more embellishment to your gorgeous bird, Nesties framing, rhinestones and perfect DP. Your doggie is so cute too. I think I am going to try the CC after seeing your results. My kraft paper is sorely negleted. TFS and Inspiring :-)

Angel said...

I say it was a miracle too! I don't believe in coincidences, just God-incidinces! Your two cards are just perfect. That pup is so fun! Can't wait to see your tutorial! You always have the best things up your sleeve! {{{HUGS}}}