Friday, June 12, 2009

Born to be Wild


Today is my brother-in-law's birthday and this is the card I made for him ~ Happy Birthday Bob !!!
I used one of my favorite new OCL sets, The Tribe. If you double click on the photo you can get a better look at this cute little native. This set has so many fun and unique images...perfect for man cards, which are always challenging for me. Plus, I love the native lady and accessory pieces that comes with this set too :) !! On the inside of the card, I stamped "Happy Birthday" along with a Cupcake image ... sorry, in my haste to leave for Corvallis I forgot to take a photo of the inside, but you can see the entire set including all those super fun pieces right HERE.
I tried out some of my brand new
09/10 SU in-color cardstock on this card ~ Soft Suede & Dusty Durango. Copic E08 is a good match for Dusty Durango (you can see that on his shield). I've heard E44 is a good match for the Soft Suede, but I don't have that color yet, so I don't know for sure. The DP is by My Mind's Eye and you can find it at eP along with a great selection of Copics ! The layout for the card is from this week's sketch challenge over at SCS ~ SC232. For the stitching, I just used my paper piercing tool and mat pack to create the squares then threaded some linen thread into a needle and stitched in some Xs. Which reminds me, I received a few inquiries about how I did the ribbon treatment on my Divine Design project a few days ago so when I get home next week, I'll take a quick photo and show you how I did that. Super easy once you see how it's done.

That's about it. I'll have some new photos to show you of my sweet grandbaby, Chloe, soon ... I'm going to spend the entire day with her tomorrow!!! She's almost 6 months old and the most adorable little girl in the entire world. Nope, I'm not a bit biased, LOL !

Supplies for the card (size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) ~ Stamps: The Tribe (OCL) My Mind's Eye DP, Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Neenah White Paper: Ink: Ranger Distressed Black Soot & Chocolate Chip Accessories: Paper piercing tool/mat pack, linen thread, Copic Markers, Crystal Effects, Nesties Rectangle, Big Shot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that guy is super cute!

nancy littrell said...

So wild and tribal :-) I love your new In Color CS and ink. I have yet to play with mine...gardening came 1st after concentrating on my hostess club party. Hope to stamp soon :-)
CAN"T wait for new pics of sweet Chloe :-)