Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mambo Melon Cupcakes!

I had the most wonderful morning just coloring,
relaxing and putting a few cards together!
I haven't done that in so long....what a treat! And to make it even sweeter, I had a few brand new goodies from the upcoming SU catalog to play with: Mambo Melon cardstock, and Mambo Melon 1/2" polka dot gg ribbon, Razzleberry Lemonaide DP. This Mambo Melon color is going to be a favorite of mine. I did a little color matching with my copics and ended up using RV17 along with R83 for the frosting. RV17 is a pretty close match for Mambo Melon, but I've also seen RV29 used and that looked good too. I used R29 & R22 for the cherries and and N3, N1, C1, E31, E34 & E13 for cupcake bases and tray.I topped the cherries and tray off with a little crystal effects to give 'em shine and dimension...I love that stuff!
I'm pre-making as many cards as I can during my break because once my classes start again, my stamping time will be very limited and I want to have plenty of cards on hand to give when I need them. I learned that lesson the hard way when I was trying to make graduation cards during finals week....not a good idea. Much, much more enjoyable to make them now when I have time to relax and create!

I'm off to Corvallis to visit my girls and my grandbaby :) ... yay!! Thanks for stopping by, I have a few other cards uploaded and will be sharing those over the next few days. Enjoy your day!!!
Supplies for the card (size 4 1/4" square) ~ Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes (SU) Paper: Razzleberry Lemonaide DP, Mambo Melon, PT white Ink: Ranger Distressed Black Soot Accessories: Copic Markers, Crystal Effects, Horizontal slot punch, 1/2" Mambo Melon polka dot gg ribbon, round Nestabilities, Big Shot

5 comments:

Denise said...

So Sweet!!! Loev that new color, got to get my hands on some soon. This is one very pretty card.

Angel said...

CUTE card...I may like this Mambo Melon color. (Where do they get these names?) Have fun with the girls!

nancy littrell said...

So bright and cute. Love the new In Colors and DP and your beautifully colored cupcakes. Had my party yesterday, so hopefully will get to play soon with my new In Colors, etc. Tell the girls and Daddy hi :-) Hope to see you soon......

Pauline said...

Luscious-looking card, such lovely colours. well done.

Jan Hennings said...

Great blog and your cards are so neat!