Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Quick & Simple Color Challenge Cards

I looked at my to-do list this morning and then I popped over to SCS to see what the color challenge was and I was delighted to see that Emily had picked some great colors that would help me with 3 manly Christmas cards I needed to make for the hubby to give to his work associates! The challenge was to use Sahara Sand, Basic Black & Very Vanilla (CC195). I made 3 very similar cards, I'll show you 2 of those today. My 2nd challenge was that my stamping time was very limited today, so I had to keep the cards simple...and that's just what I did. I used my Lovely As A Tree set...it's such a classic!I used Graphite Brilliance ink with clear Embossing Powder for all the images and sentiments on today's cards. Embossing only takes a second and the results add a lot to an otherwise simple card. I love how that Graphite Brilliance ink just pops...it's SO black...I love it!The final touches for first 2 cards was just a touch of Crystal Effects with Chunky Sprinkles (glitter) ! You can double click on the first photo to get a closer look at the snowy details :) .
And here's another little card made with a stamp set (deer friends...SU hostess level-2 set) that was out on my workbench. This one isn't for the guys...but it is kind of sweet, don't you think? It went together super quick. Gotta love those circle and scallop punches...they really help with making quick cards and tags!!


Thanks for stopping by! If time allows, I hope to share a fun tutorial with you later this week...for a SUPER simple little gift card holder!

Supplies for all 3 cards (I used such similar supplies...I'm going to combine): The first 2 cards are 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" the last card is 4 1/4" square ~ Stamps: Pine Tree (Lovely as a Tree-SU), Merry Christmas (Hero Arts), Warm Wishes (Hugs & Wishes-SU), O Holy night (Deer friends, SU Hostess level-2) Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand Ink: Graphite Brilliance with clear Emobossing Powder Tools/Accessories: Heat Gun, Embossing buddy, Crystal Effects, Chunky Sprinkles, Black & Gold Brads, 1/4" black gg ribbon, Paper piercing tool/mat pack, 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Scallop circle punch, Gold Stickles, Black/white stitched Amuse ribbon, snowflake cb embossing folder

17 comments:

Kay's Creative Corner said...

Both cards are beautiful!

Anne said...

Such lovely cards!

Whimsey said...

Fabulous cards; love the simplicity; yet very elegant!!

Kisa Peters said...

Who knew these colors would make such fab holiday cards? Beautiful!

Oma said...

Love the black and white - very striking and elegant

Darlene said...

All three are fantastic! I especially like the ones with the "Lovely as a Tree" ... and these colors are so striking!! Awesome job!

Jacquel said...

Hi Nancy!
Love your work!!! I nominated you with the coolest blog award! check out my blog for the deets!! Hugs,

Jami said...

Wow - all three are elegant and classy! I love that tree with the glitter on it!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Love the touch of Crystal Effects. Hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

The perfect masculine Xmas cards.....simple, yet beautiful. TFS

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous! I love the color scheme and the added sparkles.

Tonya said...

Nancy, you can take such crisp colors and make them stand out! I love them all!!!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I just found your blog today through your link on splitcoaststampers.com. I LOVE your projects! Very inspiring!

Pauline said...

These cards are gorgeous, Nancy. I must admit to using quite a lot of white card stock of late, they just make a card a bit more special.

Angel said...

LOVE these. Gotta get that Graphite pad!

Lavender Rose said...

Love your elegant mono cards, so beautiful!

Ramona Michaluk said...

These Black & White cards are simply stunning Nancy! What a beautiful idea. I have this set and love it but now I have some new ideas to try. Thank you for sharing them with us.